In a nutshell, the Business Intelligence Architect’s main gig will be supporting the end-to-end BI project. In a non-nutshell, the person in this role typically works with a full suite of backend technologies like SQL Server, including Integration Services, Reporting Services, Analysis Services, and coding with MSSQL. In even less of a nutshell, the focus for this position is to take complex data requirements related to specific business problems, stage data, create facts and dimension tables, and build reports. The Business Intelligence Architect will endeavor to become an in-house expert on key business-operating metrics, so they can support senior business leaders in quickly identifying issues and offering strategic recommendations on key programs. Our dreamiest candidate would have 5 to 15 years’ experience, and thoroughly know the backend Business Intelligence (BI) solution using Microsoft SQL Server or other.
Data Warehouse Development
Expert-level knowledge in Data Warehouse Development
Transforms raw data through applying business rules, auditing and staging data.
Support senior management with analysis needed to make important decisions.
Help identify KPIs for departments throughout the company
Ensures database administration functions are performed effectively and in accordance with established policies and procedures
Builds ETL packages to extract data from multiple sources and load into data warehouse.
Creates fact and dimension tables to support OLAP cubes
Creative Problem Solving
Use problem solving and creativity to apply appropriate metrics in the creation of compelling and thorough analyses.
Develop key business operating metrics to help drive business accountability
- 5-15 Years of data Modeling with Kimball Method (Star Schema)
- Expert in MSSQL
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Knowledge of SharePoint, Tableau, PerformancePoint, PowerPivot, PowerView a plus
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity – initiative to dig into the “why” of various results and a desire to grow responsibility and become a domain expert and strategic thought leader
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty. Projects and assignments will change rapidly, so the candidate must be flexible enough to accommodate changing priorities and timelines
- Able to work with different departments and teams to gather complete datasets and communicate findings and practices company-wide
- Able to work independently and proactively, identifying issues and raising them to management, as well as offering potential solutions
- Demonstrated experience with modeling business scenarios strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and solid background in technology, mathematics, statistics, accounting, finance, or other quantitative discipline preferred.